The non-profit Cornhusker Wrestling Association functions under the operating name of Huskerland Wrestling. Huskerland is now a division of NSWCA. The purpose of Huskerland Wrestling is to advance the quality of amateur wrestling in the State of Nebraska.
A. Huskerland supports the growth of youth wrestling grades 1-8 through an annual state competition. The aim of this competition is as follows:
- Improve the skills of youth wrestlers statewide
- Prepare Nebraska youth wrestlers for high school
- Develop the characteristics of good sportsmanship in wrestling
- Advance competition across Nebraska in an open class format
B. Huskerland provides coaches and wrestlers, at the youth level, an introduction to the National Federation of High Schools Rules and Regulations. Modifications are made to these rules in consideration to the age and experience of the wrestlers. These rules and modifications are supported throughout the entire Huskerland program. Membership clubs support these rules in competitions throughout the club season.
C. Huskerland resources go directly back to the wrestling community to support all levels of wrestling. Huskerland supports k-12 wrestling in Freestyle, Greco, and Folkstyle
- Huskerland supports the efforts of AAU and USA wrestling in Nebraska
- Huskerland supports colleges through booster club donations
- Huskerland supports Middle School thru High School National Team efforts
- Huskerland supports the development of young officials